Word from the President
Friends of HGH are the life force at the heart of Hawkesbury & District General Hospital (HGH). Our mission is to help HGH improve quality of life for patients and enhance the overall environment within the hospital.
Every year, our volunteers donate over 20,000 hours to HGH. The 115 Friends are seen all over the hospital. These men and women help patients and their families, support staff and collect funds for the Foundation.
Through the dedication of our members, Friends of HGH have donated more than $700,000 to the Foundation since 1991.
Our volunteers are generous and dedicated people. We enjoy helping out. We contribute to the humanization of care and we strongly believe in the importance of volunteering. Being a volunteer is a rewarding and stimulating experience.
Friends of HGH always need new volunteers. Do you have time to spare and a smile to share? Join us and enrich your life at HGH!
President, Friends of HGH
Why volunteer at HGH?
There are many reasons for volunteering. What are yours?
- I love to help people
- I like to be useful
- I want to contribute to my community’s well-being
- I want to learn new things
- I want to be part of a dedicated and competent team
- I have time to give
- I enjoy meeting new people
- I want to give back to my community
- I want to share my knowledge and experience
- I want to live a fulfilling experience
- I want to gain work experience in a hospital
- I want to add experience to my resume