HGH Foundation Photograpy Contest
The HGH Foundation is organizing its first ever virtual event – a Photography Contest!
The contest is open to amateur photographers only. Get a chance to win a great prize while supporting a good cause! The registration fee is only $20.
All profits from this event will go toward purchasing needed equipment to help support HGH during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
Enter the contest by submitting a picture in one of these three categories:
- Nature – a nature photo taken while practising physical distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Community Involvement – a photo taken while demonstrating an act of service you have done for someone during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Fun Activities – a photo taken while performing a fun activity during this time of physical distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The photo must be in its original state and cannot be altered in any way, except for the slight cropping that may be required when uploading your photo on the official contest website.
How to register to the Photography Contest?
- Visit the official contest website.
- Click on the Register for this Contest and select the category you would like to enter your photo in.
- Enter your email address, then on the page Your Information, submit your photo by clicking Add a picture. Say what your photo is about in the box Description.
- Click Next to complete your registration.
Share the contest and your photo via email and social media to get more votes. Invite friends and family to vote for their favourite photo!
How to vote for a photo?
To vote, support a participant by making a donation; for every dollar raised, the entrant will get one vote.
Note: Participants cannot make a donation for their own photo to get more votes.
Donations will go directly to support the HGH Foundation and you will get a tax receipt for the full amount of your donation.
To vote, please visit the official contest website.
We’re on social media – checkout and please share the contest Facebook page.
The deadline to vote is May 30, 2020.
Prizes to be won
A prize of $500 in cash will go to the winner of each category! Winning photos will also be published in the next edition of the HGH Foundation’s newsletter.
For the Official Contest Rules, please scroll down to the bottom of this page.
- The contest is open to amateur photographers only.
- A person can register only one photo.
- Registrations are only accepted through the official contest website.
- The deadline to register and to vote is May 30, 2020.
- The photo must be in its original state and cannot be altered in any way, except for the slight cropping that may be required when uploading your photo on the official contest website.
- Every dollar donated gives one vote to the participant.
- A professional photographer will judge all photos entered in the contest and will select the “best photo” in each category. A bonus of 150 votes will be added to the vote total of the deserving entrant with the “best photo” in each category. The participant with the most votes in each category will win $500.
We hope that this event will provide something fun for you to do during this time of social distancing, all while supporting a great cause!
We sincery thank our partners for their help and support for this event!
Judge: Jan Amell from Jan Amell Photography
Jean Coutu Pharmacy Sylvie Robillard & Kamran Taheri Store in Hawkesbury
For more information about the Photography Contest, please contact Christine Gray St-Denis at 613-632-1111, extension 21108 or by email.
Official Contest Rules
Rules & Regulations: This Virtual Photography Contest event is run by the Hawkesbury and
District General Hospital (HGH) Foundation.
All photos must be original work, taken by the entrants. No third party may control any materials the photo contains, and the photo must not infringe upon the trademark, copyright, moral rights, intellectual rights, or rights of privacy of any entity or person.
Except for the slight cropping that may be required when uploading your photo on the official contest website, the photo must be in its original state and cannot be altered in any way, including but not limited to removing, adding, reversing, or distorting subjects within the frame. Using filters is also not permitted.
Violators will be removed from the contest, stripped of any prize(s).
Entries will not be accepted unless submitted via the official contest website. Entries not submitted through the proper website will not be considered and will be deleted.
This contest is open to amateur photographers only. Anyone that receives income for taking and/or selling their photographs is not considered an amateur. An entrant is able to enter only once (1 photo); he/she will have to choose which contest category to enter in.
One (1) winner will be determined for each of the three categories. He/she will be the entrant with the most votes in his/her category, compared to other entrants in that same category. Votes are determined by the amount of donations obtained by each entrant; for every $1 raised, the entrant will get 1 vote. Participants cannot make a donation to their own photo in order to get more votes.
Entries will be judged by a professional photographer to determine the winning “best photo” in each contest category. One hundred and fifty (150) votes will be added to the vote total of the deserving entrant in each category. All decisions are final. The HGH Foundation reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is deemed inappropriate or does not conform to stated contest rules.
The photos will be used for the contest, although they may be shared on our social media pages, website and newsletter to help promote or raise awareness for the event, HGH and the HGH Foundation. By entering the contest, entrants agree to this. They agree that photos submitted can be used by the HGH Foundation for advertising purposes; photos may be used and disclosed in promotional events, activities and materials. These promotional and communication materials may be posted on public websites, published and broadcasted in various information media. Entrants agree that they will not at any time make any claim for additional compensation in respect of such uses.
Submissions and donations/votes will not be accepted once the deadline lapses on May 30, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
The prize must be collected by the winner and is nontransferable.
The winners will be contacted first via the email address provided during entry, second via the phone number provided during entry. If no response is received after 14 days from the first email sent, a new winner will be selected and the previous winner will forfeit all rights to the prize(s).
The contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.