Dr. Byron Friesen joined HGH’s medical team in 1997.
- Residency in General Surgery, University of British Columbia (1985)
- Doctorate of Medicine, University of British Columbia (1985)
- Bachelor of Science, double major in Biophysics and Chemistry/Physics, Simon Fraser University (1981)
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Canadian Association of General Surgeons
- Canadian Medical Association
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
Types of treatment
- General surgery
- Minor surgery
- Hernia repair, appendectomy
How to book an appointment with Dr. Byron Friesen?
- You must have a referral from your physician to book an appointment.
- Dr. Friesen sees patients at the HGH Perioperative Services.
For healthcare professionals
Dr. Friesen will be limiting his availability for consultation and in many cases deferring these consultations to his very capable colleagues on the surgical team with the intention of retiring from practice.
- Refer a patient to Dr. Friesen: Link to referral forms