Family and Visitor Presence
Due to the pandemic, only essential visits are authorized until further notice.
For compassionate reasons, one informal caregiver or companion can visit a patient at a time. The care unit manager must approve these essential visits, and decisions are made on a case-by-case basis. For pandemic-related updates, please visit Info COVID-19.
Families are welcome to visit inpatients 24 hours a day according to patient preference or substitute decision maker (SDM).
- There is no set number of visitors per patient.
- The patient and their family, in collaboration with the care team, will determine the number of people welcome at the bedside at any one time.
For the well-being of all patients, please follow these guidelines:
- Avoid making loud noises.
- Accompany young children at all times.
- Comply with infection prevention notices.
Protect patient safety by helping with infection control. Do not visit patients if you have the following symptoms: fever, headache, sore throat, chills cough or muscle pain.
Visiting may be restricted in case of communicable disease outbreak.