Dr. Valérie Dumais joined HGH’s medical team in 2013.
- Master of Science, University of Ottawa (2014)
- Residency training in General Surgery, University of Ottawa (2013)
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Ottawa (2007)
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Canadian Association of General Surgeons
- Ontario Medical Association
Types of treatments
- Endoscopy (colonoscopy and gastroscopy) with anesthesia administered IV sedation
- Benign and malignant breast disease
- Benign and malignant small bowel and colon surgery
- Gallbladder surgery
- Hernia surgery
- Perianal disease procedures (hemorrhoids, anal fissures, anal fistulas)
- Pilonidal disease procedures
- Skin cancer surgery (including sentinel node procedure for melanoma)
- Minor surgeries (lumps and bumps)
- Minimally invasive (laparoscopic) surgery when indicated
How to book an appointment with Dr. Valérie Dumais?
- You must have a referral from your physician to book an appointment.
- Dr. Dumais sees patients at the HGH General Surgery Clinic through Perioperative Services.
- Dr. Dumais also does consultations at the St-Isidore Medical Center and the Plantagenet Family Health Team.
For healthcare professionals
Refer a patient to Dr. Valérie Dumais: Link to referral forms