Smoke-free Property and Policy
Because we care about your health, the entire HGH property is now smoke-free. Our smoke-free policy aims to protect people from exposure to second-hand smoke and to help smokers quit.
HGH is 100% smoke-free, inside and outside the hospital. This means that smoking is not allowed indoors or anywhere outdoors (including parked vehicles) on hospital grounds.
- The smoking ban includes all cigarettes, cigars, pipes, electronic cigarettes, vaporizers and medical marijuana.
- The non-smoking policy applies to everyone on hospital property: patients, visitors, staff, physicians, volunteers, students, contractors and suppliers.
- If you smoke on hospital property, you may receive a $305 fine.
Details of HGH Property
- All interior facilities, sections, areas and wings of the hospital.
- All exterior grounds and parking lots.
- Hospital property also includes the Mental Health and Addiction Regional Centre located at 580 Spence Street in Hawkesbury and the Trillium Building on Ghislain Street.
Map detailing HGH property (in yellow)
Fines and Smoke-Free Ontario Act
- As a hospital, HGH is subject to the Smoke-Free Ontario Act.
- The Eastern Ontario Health Unit (EOHU) has the responsibility to respond to complaints and issue fines. HGH will cooperate with the EOHU on this matter.
- If you smoke on HGH property, you may receive a $305 fine.