Update on COVID-19 outbreak at HGH
On March 17, 2021, the Hawkesbury and District General Hospital (HGH), in collaboration with the Eastern Ontario Health Unit, have declared a COVID-19 outbreak on one of its inpatient units. HGH’s priority continues to be the safety of our patients and their families, our employees and physicians and our community.
As of 11:00 am on March 19, 2021, there are a total of 11 active cases with 8 patients and 3 staff that have tested positive for COVID-19.
As part of our ongoing Pandemic Response action plan and in alignment with the hospital’s infection prevention and control guidelines, we have implemented a number of initiatives. These include:
- Enhanced screening for all individuals entering our hospital, including staff.
- Opening of two COVID-19 Assessment Centres (Hawkesbury and Casselman).
- Designated hospital unit for COVID-19 patients.
When an outbreak is declared on a unit, additional measures are put into place. These include:
- Closing the unit to any new admissions.
- Monitoring and testing of staff, professional staff and patients regardless of symptoms.
- Contact tracing where appropriate for possible exposure of patients and staff.
- Enhanced cleaning on the unit, including all common areas on the unit.
- Continuous review of all high-risk workflows to ensure the highest level of compliance.
With our modern building and infrastructure, HGH has distinct zones of services that limit the movement from one sector to another enhancing safety and containing transmission. Our hospital remains open in such areas as Emergency Department, Medical Imaging, Outpatient Clinics, Family Birthing Centre and Day Surgery. Patients can access these areas and receive safe care.
Statement by HGH Chief of Staff, Dr. Julie Maranda:
“With an increase in community transmission, we are seeing more Covid-19 cases in various settings – including acute care hospitals. We are working closely with staff, patients, family members and community partners to keep everyone informed and ensure proper adherence to the enhanced safety measures. We urge all patients requiring hospital services to keep their appointments and follow public health guidelines to stay healthy.”
Statement by HGH Chief Executive Officer, Marc LeBoutillier:
“We appreciate the concerns that people affected by the outbreak may have and we understand the anxiety felt by our community. An outbreak management team has been deployed to implement control measures to prevent further transmission. Our employees and physicians have the skills and experience necessary to manage this outbreak.”
For more information please contact:
Community Relations Coordinator
Hawkesbury and District General Hospital
Telephone: 613-632-1111, ext. 61005