What to bring
- The list of medications that you are currently taking. Indicate the dosage (quantity and frequency). Your pharmacy may help you with this list. It should include all your prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, supplements and herbal medicines.
- Glasses, contact lenses and hearing aids
- Clothing and shoes: pajamas, bathrobe, slippers, underwear, socks, etc.
- Toiletry: toothbrush and toothpaste, razor, non-perfumed deodorant, soap, shampoo, comb, hairbrush, etc.
- Personal mobility device (cane, walker, wheelchair)
Please do not bring
- Your medications
- Perfume or scented personal products
- Large suitcases
The hospital is not responsible for theft or damaged objects.
A television is at your disposal in your room. Feel free to use it, but please use headphones.
All rooms are equipped with telephones.
- To make a local call: dial 9, then dial the telephone number.
- To make a long distance call: dial 9, then 0, followed by #. You may request a collect call, use a calling card or a credit card.
- To receive a call: give your room number to the people who will be contacting you. They can reach you between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. by calling 613-632-1111, extension 0 and asking for your room number.
Lost and Found
- Found objects are sent to the Security office where they are kept for one month.
- If you have lost an object, notify the nursing staff and they will contact the Security Office.