The foot is a biomechanical wonder made up of 26 small bones, ligaments, muscles, tendons and cartilage. Our feet support our weight, serve as shock absorbers and let us move around. Having feet in poor condition may lead to posture problems, back pain, cramps and fatigue, in addition to being less active. Healthy feet increase quality of life.
The foot care clinic nurses will help you in identifying the cause of your foot pain and provide treatment or resources such as a referral to other professionals.
Who do we serve?
The Foot Care Clinic services are for adults living with:
- Type 1 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes
And at least one of the following conditions:
- Toenail fungus (onychomycosis)
- Thick nails
- Ingrown toenail
- Foot ulcer
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Diabetic neuropathy to at least one foot (insensitivity)
- Bony prominence
How to access our services?
- You need a referral from your physician to book a first appointment.
- Champlain Local Health Integration Network provides consultations with a chiropodist through their program Chiropody for people with diabetes.