Meet a dietitian and get personalized nutrition advice aimed at improving your health.
Dietitians are regulated health professionals with expertise across all areas of food, nutrition and health.
Who do we serve?
- Non-diabetic adults, teenagers, children and infants that are not patients of the Lower Ottawa Family Health Team
How do we help our patients?
The dietitians provide counselling aimed at making gradual and lasting changes to your eating habits or behaviours. The most common reasons for consulting are related to:
- Heart health and tips to improve your blood pressure and cholesterol
- Digestive health, irritable bowel syndrome, diarrhea and constipation
- Anemia, weight gain or loss
- Allergies, food intolerances, gluten-free or lactose-free diets
This service is free with a valid Ontario health card.
How to access our services?
- Patients may call directly to book an appointment in Telemedicine at 613-632-1111, extension 52401.
- Family physicians and other health care professionals can also refer patients.
This program is offered in collaboration with Centre de santé communautaire de l’Estrie.
The appointment is by telemedicine at HGH. The Ambulatory Clinics offer several other types of medical consultations with specialists through telemedicine.