January 29, 2018 – The Telemedicine Clinic has moved to its new location in Block B, Level 1. View the hospital plan.
Telemedicine gives Ontario residents access to medical specialists through videoconferencing. Patients may consult with specialists, no matter where they practice in Ontario. Telemedicine saves time and reduces inconveniences associated with traveling to city hospitals. This service is provided in collaboration with Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN).
The consultation is held at HGH in a room equipped with a monitor, a camera and medical devices. A nurse accompanies the patient and handles the technology and the equipment.
Types of medical consultations available by telemedicine
- Addiction: methadone/suboxone treatment
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Hematology (blood disease)
- Hepatitis C
- Mental health and addictions
- Monitoring at home for patients with congestive heart failure
- Nephrology (kidney disease)
- Podiatry (foot problems and foot care)
- Pre and post surgery medical examinations
- Services with CHEO (Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario)
- Thrombosis (blood clots)
- Other services available
How to access our services
- You must have a doctor’s referral to see a medical specialist.
- You may ask to have a telemedicine consultation with your specialist by calling our office.