The Ontario Breast Screening Program (OBSP) is a province-wide effort aimed at:
- Women aged 50 to 74 (Ontario residents only) who are at average risk for breast cancer. They can get a mammography every two years.
- Women aged 30 to 69 (Ontario residents only) who are identified as being at high risk for breast cancer. They can get an annual mammography and breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) screening.
Regular examinations can help detect breast cancer early and provide women with more treatment options and better outcomes.
The screening program includes:
- Education on breast self-examination
How to access the program?
- Women aged 50 and over may call us directly to book an appointment without a referral from their family doctor.
- Women identified as being at high risk must call The Ottawa Hospital Regional OBSP High Risk Centre at 613-728-6508.