Physiotherapy helps children and adults regain muscle strength, mobility and flexibility or adapt to their condition following an accident or illness. Physiotherapists provide treatments, education, and advice for health prevention and health promotion programs adapted to patients’ individual needs. We provide in-person services and virtual sessions.
Who do we serve?
External Rehab Clinic
- Children 6 years and older and adults who need physical rehabilitation following an accident or illness
- Patients afflicted with pain and limitations of movement due to injuries, fractures, surgery, cardiopulmonary or neurological conditions
The PART (Prevention of Accidents, Rehabilitation and Therapy) Program provides expedited intake into physiotherapy of individuals injured in a workplace accident. The program focuses on returning the employee to their regular duties as quickly as possible.
- In Ontario, costs are covered by the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB). The costs are also covered by the Commission des normes, de l’équité de la santé et de la sécurité du travail (CNESST) in Québec.
- Some private insurance plans provide partial or full coverage for physiotherapy treatment. The PART program is also available to victims of motor vehicle accidents in Ontario and Quebec.
How to access our services?
- You must have a referral from your family physician or other healthcare professional to book an appointment in External Rehab.
- Due to the high demand for physiotherapy services, we must prioritize the most urgent cases and your request may be added to our waiting list. Some private clinics also provide physiotherapy services covered by the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP).
- OHIP covers physiotherapy if you have been admitted to hospital and need physiotherapy to help you recover, or if you are aged 65 or older, or 18 years or younger. You must have a doctor’s referral to use this service.
- For the PART program, you do not need a medical referral. You can call the clinic for an appointment.