The Hawkesbury and District General Hospital (HGH) is now a full-service regional hospital thanks to a $160 million redevelopment project.
- 100 beds
- 160 physicians
- 750 employees
- Electronic medical records through Epic Health Information System Epic
- 17 examination rooms
- Ambulatory services
- Close to 55,000 visits per year
- 3 operating rooms
- Endoscopy unit
- 5,500 procedures per year
- Family birthing centre with 7 rooms
- 450 deliveries per year
- Radiology – conventional and specialized
- 128-slice CT scanner
- Bone density scans
- MRI – magnetic resonance imaging
- Over 50,000 examinations per year
- New ambulatory care building
- 31 medical specialists
Incentives to join HGH
HGH provides physicians with a rural practice in Ontario, in a bilingual setting, less than one hour from both Ottawa and Montreal.
HGH offers a stimulating environment and attractive incentives to physicians interested in joining our team.
- Competitive remuneration
- Relocation assistance
- Practice serving diverse populations in a collaborative model of care between physicians
- Administrative support
- Teaching site affiliated with the University of Ottawa and teaching opportunities
- Partnerships with La Cité Community College
Interested in learning more about Hawkesbury and District General Hospital and the region? We provide tours of the hospital and the surrounding area and meetings with medical directors for physicians interested in joining our team.
Would you be interested in establishing a full-time practice in our community or working full-time at HGH? The Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care offers financial incentives through the HealthForceOntario Northern and Rural Recruitment and Retention (NRRR) Initiative.
Requirements to practice at HGH
To obtain privileges to practice at HGH, physicians must:
- Be a member of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- Hold liability insurance for medical practice in Ontario
- For specialists – be a member of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- For family physicians – be a member of The College of Family Physicians of Canada
- Be bilingual
We are currently recruiting :
- Anesthesia providers
- Emergency physicians (R3)
- Hospitalists (rehab and in-patient)
- LOCUM Gynecologist (1 year maternity leave)
Contact the Recruitment Office and Academic Affairs
For more information about vacant positions and physician recruitment, please contact Chanel Romagna at the Recruitment Office and Academic Affairs at 613-632-1111, extension 31001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.