Dr. Stephanie Ahken joined HGH’s medical team in 2019.
- Doctor of Medicine Degree from the University of Ottawa (2013)
- Residency training in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Ottawa
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (FRCSC)
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
- The Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada (SOGC)
- Ontario Medical Association (OMA)
- Canadian Medical Association (CMA)
- Canadian Medical Protective Association (CPMA)
Types of treatment
- Prenatal and postpartum care
- Management of labour and delivery, including caesarean section
- Contraception counselling, including insertion and removal of intrauterine devices (IUDs) and contraceptive implants, and tubal ligation
- Preconception and infertility counselling
- Management of failed and ectopic pregnancies
- Management of abnormal uterine bleeding (including heavy menstrual bleeding), uterine fibroids and polyps, pelvic pain, adnexal masses, vulvovaginal conditions and menopause
- Management of pelvic organ prolapse and urinary incontinence, including pessary care
- Minor gynecological surgery, including dilatation and curettage, hysteroscopy, polypectomy, myomectomy, endometrial ablation and laparoscopy
- Major gynecological surgery, including hysterectomy, salpingectomy, oophorectomy, ovarian cystectomy, anterior and posterior colporrhaphy
How to book an appointment with Dr. Stephanie Ahken?
- You must have a referral from your physician to book an appointment.
- Dr. Ahken sees patients at the HGH Gynecology Clinic and the Obstetrics Clinic in the Family Birthing Centre.
For healthcare professionals
- Refer a patient to Dr. Stephanie Ahken: Link to referral forms