The birth of a child is a unique experience. In a warm and peaceful setting, the Family Birthing Centre (FBC) team provides high-quality family-centered care and support during pregnancy through delivery and up to 2 weeks postpartum.
Our team will be pleased to assist your family during this memorable event. Every year, we welcome over 450 families and their newborns at HGH Family Birthing Centre.
Features of the Family Birthing Centre
- 5 appointed rooms equipped for labour, delivery, recovery and post-partum (LDRP)
- 3 standard patient rooms
- Spacious rooms with private bathrooms
- Therapeutic baths and showers to help with pain management
- Overnight accommodations for father or other support person
- Secure environment with an electronic infant protection system
Our team follows guidelines and standards of practice through the More Ob Program, Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada and the Champlain Maternal Newborn Regional Program.
How to access our services?
- We accept women for pregnancy follow-up starting at 30 weeks. Ask your family doctor for a referral to the HGH Family Birthing Centre Antenatal Clinic.