Prescott-Russell Geriatric-Psychiatry Service
The Geriatric-Psychiatry Service provides mental health consultations for people aged 65 and over, their families and caregivers.
Why come to us?
If you are struggling with anxiety, depression or agitation, we can help. If a loved one displays reactive behaviours, dementia or psychosis that interfere with their overall functioning, we can help. You’re not alone!
How do we help our clients?
Our health-care professionals provide assessment, consultation and counselling services. We also work as a team with physicians and the client’s family and caregivers.
To serve you better, our professionals visit you in your living environment, whether it be a private home, nursing home or long-term care facility.
Our services include:
- Support and counselling to the elderly and their family
- Support with behaviour management in cases such as aggression, depressed mood, paranoia, etc.
- Review of medication
- Follow-up after a hospital stay
- Support and training for case workers and caregivers who look after the elderly
How to access our services?
- Anyone may ask for help, either for themselves or for someone they care about. For an appointment, please dial 1-844-304-1414.
- Physicians, health-care professionals and community organizations may refer their clients by faxing a service request to 613-632-7450.