Fast and easy access to counselling services! No appointment or referral needed for a one-time counselling session. In Hawkesbury and Casselman.
Why come to us?
If you need someone to talk to about life’s challenges, come in to speak with a trained professional counsellor. We can help you with issues such as:
- Parenting, family and marital conflict
- Separation, divorce and grief
- Job loss and job-related stress
- Depression and anxiety
- Trauma and panic attacks
- Addictions: alcohol, drugs, medication and gambling
- Anger and difficult interpersonal relationships
- Gender identity and gender expression
- Sexual assault
- Other life challenges
How do we help our clients?
We offer a walk-in individual single-session therapy with a psychotherapist.
Through the single-session approach, we help you work with your own strengths to plan a way to deal with your concern. In many cases, a single session is enough for you to take a step in the direction where you want to move. At the end of the session, if you and the therapist feel that you need a longer-term therapy, we can refer you to one of our programs.
Note: This walk-in clinic does not provide medication reviews or counselling with a psychiatrist.
Who do we serve?
- People aged 12 or over.
- A counsellor from the Youth Hub is available to help teenagers.
- We also accept Québec clients.
How to access our services?
Show up in Hawkesbury or Casselman on walk-in clinic days. Bring your Health Card.
- Assistance is provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
- No appointment necessary. Same day registration.
- No screening or referral required.
- Even if you are currently on our waiting list for one of our programs, you may come in for a single-session therapy.
The walk-in clinic is for therapy.
- We do not give presciptions for medications.
- We do not sign medical notes for leaves of absence from work.
Hawkesbury walk-in clinic location and business hours
Mental Health and Addiction Regional Centre
580 Spence Avenue
Hawkesbury, ON K6A 0B4
Wednesdays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- The therapy session may go until 6:00 p.m., but the last registration is at 4:30 p.m.
- Except public holidays.
Casselman walk-in clinic location and business hours
Casselman Satellite Centre
710 Principale Street
Casselman, ON K0A 1M0
Specific Mondays from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The therapy session may go until 4:00 p.m., but the last regisration is at 2:30 p.m.
- May 1, 15, 29
- June 12, 26
- July 10, 24
- August 21
- September 18
- October 2, 16, 30
- November 27
- December 11
Mental health resources
- Our department offers several other programs and services, for more information, please visit Access to Mental Health and Addiction Services.
- To learn more on the single-session therapy approach, read Walk-in Clinic, a Model for Single-Session Therapy.
- To learn how to take care of your mental health, get the facts on mental illness or find help for yourself or a loved one, visit Canadian Mental Health Association.