Opening of Block B at HGH
HAWKESBURY — A new three-storey building opens its doors at Hawkesbury and District General Hospital (HGH). Identified as Block B, the building houses the Medical Day Unit, Ambulatory Clinics, Hemodialysis, Outpatient Rehab, Complex Continuing Care and administrative offices. This new building is part of the HGH redevelopment project.
The moves into the new premises will be done sequentially over the months of January and February. As of January 22, 2018, a new temporary main entrance will be located at the west end of Block B. As with all redevelopment project’s new premises, the Block B features new systems and state-of-the art technology, including registration, patient calling and internal signage systems.
Over the winter, the entrance to the visitors’ parking will also change location, moving on Ghislain Street, behind the Trillium Building, just west of the present entrance on Duplate Street. It will feature new gates and a new electronic pay station system.
- The redevelopment project is a $160 million investment in infrastructure, medical equipment and cutting-edge technology.
- The moving of clinical services is a rigorously planned process to ensure patients’ safety and comfort at all times.
- Starting in February, users will have the option to pay for parking by debit, credit or cash, through electronic pay stations located indoors and at the parking exit. Parking fees will change from $4.00 to $5.00 per visit.
- Opening dates of departments in their new premises:
- Medical Day Unit – January 15
- Ambulatory Clinics – January 22
- New temporary Main Entrance – January 22. Entrance will be open from 6:30 am to 8:00 pm. After 8:00 pm, patients and visitors must use the Emergency Entrance.
- Telemedicine – January 29
- Cardiology – January 29
- Specimen Collection Centre – January 29
- Hemodialysis – January 29
- Outpatient Rehab – February 5
- Complex Continuing Care (inpatients unit) –February 15
- Emergency and Intensive Care Unit – late Winter
“For our patients, the opening of Block B means improved access to specialty care, closer to home. This building is part of the HGH redevelopment project and is another welcome addition, after the opening of the Family Birthing Centre in May 2017 and Perioperative Services in September 2016.”
Chair, Board of Directors
“The opening of this new building featuring state-of-the-art infrastructure, medical equipment and technologies is bringing us closer to becoming a model hospital in Ontario by 2020. We are looking forward to the opening of the new Emergency Department. I sincerely thank all the teams who diligently planned all the moves. We are very proud of this achievement.”
Chief Executive Officer
“The redevelopment project is having positive impacts on medical practice. The leading-edge technology and medical equipment really helped us in bringing new specialists at HGH. For our patients, this means better access to care, closer to home.”
-Dr. Julie Maranda
Chief of Staff
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources and Community Relations
Hawkesbury and District General Hospital
Telephone: 613-632-1111, extension 61013