Prescott- Russell Assertive Community Treatment Team
The Assertive Community Treatment Team (ACTT) provides intensive treatment services in mental health, in the clients’ home. The services are intended for Prescott-Russell residents aged 16 and over.
Why come to us?
If you or someone you know is suffering from schizophrenia, bipolar disorder or other severe and persistent mental health problems, we can help. We establish long-term relationships with our clients, working to improve their mental and physical well-being. You’re not alone!
If the more traditional types of treatment have not been able to ensure a certain stability and you are struggling with an important mental health problem, the ACT Team is here for you. We offer treatment and support services that promote recovery and autonomy.
How do we help our clients?
As health-care professionals, we team up with you to develop a care plan that meets your needs and improves your quality of life.
Our services include:
- Help with the development of the person’s autonomy
- Management of symptoms associated with severe and persistent mental health disorders
- Crisis intervention
- Medication management
- Help in reducing harm caused by addiction to drugs, alcohol or gambling
- Support with community reintegration
- Support with daily living organization, for example, development of housework skills, budget management and problem solving
- Help in finding other healthcare services such as a physician or a therapist
- Assistance in finding suitable housing
- Maintaining relationships with family and social network
- Peer support
- Supporting the development of personal interests and leisure activities that may lead to education, employment or volunteering opportunities
How to access our services?
- You need a medical referral to access this service.
- Physicians, healthcare professionals and community organizations may refer their clients to ACTT.
For information about other programs, visit Access to Mental Health and Addiction Services.