Tele Child Mental Health provides virtual mental health consultations for children and youth. The program connects children and youth, caregivers, and care teams to mental health specialists through technology.
Sickkids collaborates with the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO) and the Child and Parent Resource Institute (CPRI) to provide the service for people living in rural communities.
Who do we serve?
- Ontario residents under 18 years of age
How do we help our patients?
The HGH Telemedicine Department arranges consultations with psychiatrists with expertise on topics such as:
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Disruptive behaviour disorders
- Mood and anxiety disorders
- Learning difficulties
- Attachment disorders
- Autism spectrum sisorders (ASD)
- Psychosis/thought disorders
- Eating disorders
How to access our services?
- You need a referral from your family physician, registered nurse or social worker to book an appointment.
- You can also be referred by child and youth community-based agencies, school boards and youth justice settings. In such a case, the referring agency will have to implement and coordinate the care plan.
This service is provided by telemedicine at HGH. The Ambulatory Clinics offer several other types of medical consultations with specialists through telemedicine.