Chiropody is the medical specialty that deals with the assessment, management and prevention of diseases and disorders of the foot and ankle.
The Champlain Diabetes Chiropody Program is an amputation prevention program for people living with diabetes.
Who do we serve?
Diabetic adults (18 years+) with any of the following foot conditions:
- Open wound or foot ulcer
- Ingrown toenail with bacterial infection
How do we help our patients?
The program includes the following services:
- Management of acute and chronic foot conditions including assessment and treatment
- Nail surgery for ingrown toenails
- Evaluation of current footwear
- Advice on proper footwear
- Total Contact Casting (TCC) to accelerate healing of wounds
Routine and basic foot care are not offered through this program.
This service is free with a valid Ontario health card.
How to access our services?
- You need a referral from a health care provider to access the program.
The appointment is by telemedicine at HGH. The Ambulatory Clinics offer several other types of medical consultations with specialists through telemedicine.