The program runs from May 1st to the end of October 2023.
Fast and easy access to counselling services! No appointment or referral needed for a one-time counselling session.
Why come to us?
If you need someone to talk to about life’s challenges, come in to speak with a trained professional counsellor. We can help you with issues such as:
- Job loss and job-related stress
- Depression and anxiety
- Parenting, family and marital conflict
- Separation, divorce and grief
- Addictions: alcohol, drugs, medication and gambling
- Anger and difficult interpersonal relationships
- Gender identity and gender expression
- Sexual assault
- Other life challenges
How do we help our clients?
We offer a walk-in individual single-session therapy with a psychotherapist.
Through the single-session approach, we help you work with your own strengths to plan a way to deal with your concern. In many cases, a single session is enough for you to take a step in the direction where you want to move. At the end of the session, if you and the therapist feel that you need a longer-term therapy, we can refer you to one of our programs.
Note: This walk-in clinic does not provide medication reviews or counselling with a psychiatrist.
Who do we serve?
- People aged 16 or over.
How to access our services?
Just show up at one of the designated locations in Alfred, Limoges, Plantagenet or St-Isidore on the mobile walk-in clinic day. Clinics will be held from early May to the end of October.
- No appointment necessary.
- Bring your Health Card.
- Assistance is provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All clinics start at 10:00 a.m. and finish by 3:00 p.m.
- Clinics may be cancelled in case of extreme weather (torrential rain, high winds, etc.)
- No screening or referral required.
- Even if you are currently on our waiting list for one of our programs, you may come in for a single-session therapy.
Dates and locations of mobile walk-in clinics
Alfred – Larocque Park
555 St-Philippe Street
Alfred, ON K0B 1A0
Alfred mobile clinics are held on the last Thursday of the month: May 25, June 29, July 27, August 31, September 28 and October 26.
Limoges – The Nation Sports Complex
243 Limoges Road
Limoges, ON K0A 2M0
Limoges mobile clinics are held on the first Thursday of the month: May 4, June 1, July 6, August 3, September 7 and October 5.
Plantagenet – Chesser Park (Park & Ride)
Old Highway 17
Plantagenet, ON K0B 1L0
Plantagenet mobile clinics are held every second Monday, except public holidays.
- May 8 and 22
- June 5 and 19
- July 17 and 31
- August 14 and 28
- September 11 and 25
- October 9 and 23
St-Isidore Arena Parking
20 de l’Aréna Street
St-Isidore, ON K0B 2B0
St-Isidore mobile clinics are held on the second Thursday of the month: May 11, June 8, July 13, August 10, September 14 and October 12.
The Mobile walk-in clinic is a service provided by the HGH Mental Health and Addiction Regional Centre.
Mental health resources
- Our department offers several other programs and services, for more information, please visit Access to Mental Health and Addiction Services.
- To learn more on the single-session therapy approach, read Walk-in Clinic, a Model for Single-Session Therapy.
- To learn how to take care of your mental health, get the facts on mental illness or find help for yourself or a loved one, visit Canadian Mental Health Association.