The program is closed for the winter and will reopen in the spring of 2023.
Fast and easy access to counselling services! No appointment or referral needed for a one-time counselling session.
Why come to us?
If you need someone to talk to about life’s challenges, come in to speak with a trained professional counsellor. We can help you with issues such as:
- Parenting, family and marital conflict
- Separation, divorce and grief
- Job loss and job-related stress
- Depression and anxiety
- Trauma and panic attacks
- Addictions: alcohol, drugs, medication and gambling
- Anger and difficult interpersonal relationships
- Gender identity and gender expression
- Sexual assault
- Other life challenges
How do we help our clients?
We offer a walk-in individual single-session therapy with a psychotherapist.
Through the single-session approach, we help you work with your own strengths to plan a way to deal with your concern. In many cases, a single session is enough for you to take a step in the direction where you want to move. At the end of the session, if you and the therapist feel that you need a longer-term therapy, we can refer you to one of our programs.
Note: This walk-in clinic does not provide medication reviews or counselling with a psychiatrist.
Who do we serve?
- People aged 16 or over.
How to access our services?
Show up at the Larocque Park in Alfred for the walk-in clinic. Bring your Health Card. This clinic is offered every last Thursday of the month from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The program is closed for the winter and will reopen in the spring of 2023.
- Assistance is provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
- No appointment necessary.
- No screening or referral required.
- Even if you are currently on our waiting list for one of our programs, you may come in for a single-session therapy.
Mobile walk-in clinic business hours
Last Thursday of the month, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The program is closed for the winter and will reopen in the spring of 2023.
555 St-Philippe Street,
Alfred, ON K0B 1A0
The Mobile walk-in clinic is a service provided by the HGH Mental Health and Addiction Regional Centre.
Mental health resources
- Our department offers several other programs and services, for more information, please visit Access to Mental Health and Addiction Services.
- To learn more on the single-session therapy approach, read Walk-in Clinic, a Model for Single-Session Therapy.
- To learn how to take care of your mental health, get the facts on mental illness or find help for yourself or a loved one, visit Canadian Mental Health Association.