The General Surgery Clinic provides consultations with general surgeons for outpatients. A general surgeon is a physician specializing in the diagnosis and preoperative, operative, and postoperative management of patient care.
An appointment at the General Surgery Clinic is to assess your need for surgery and discuss options.
Types of general surgery performed at HGH
- Biopsy (lymph node, temporal artery)
- Breast tumours (benign and malignant)
- Cholecystectomy (removal of gallbladder)
- Colectomy and hemicolectomy (removal of the colon)
- Perianal surgery
- Hernia repair (incisional, inguinal and umbilical)
- Laparoscopic procedures
- Lipoma surgery
- Melanoma surgery
- Varicose veins
- Pilonidal surgery
How to access our services?
You must have a referral from your physician to book an appointment with a surgeon from the HGH General Surgery Clinic.