Contribute to the future of your regional hospital by buying tickets!
What is the 50/50 Payday Lottery?
The HGH Foundation 50/50 Payday Lottery is a biweekly draw held on the day after payday. The winner of the draw receives 50% of ticket sales while the other 50% goes to the HGH Foundation. It’s a win-win-win for employees, the hospital and the community!
As an employee, you get to support your regional hospital and workplace, while getting a chance to win money. Profits from the draw will be directed towards the HGH Foundation’s new campaign, There’s No Place Like Home. This campaign aims to support program development at HGH and access to more specialty care, closer to home, for the community.
Who can buy tickets for the 50/50 Payday Lottery?
- All HGH employees aged 18 and over can buy tickets.
- Non-eligible: HGH Foundation staff and board members, as well as their immediate families.
Note: Another 50/50 lottery is open to the public. For more information, visit the page 50/50 Draw.
How much do tickets cost?
You can buy:
- 5 tickets for $5
- 15 tickets for $10 or
- 40 tickets for $20
Tickets are sold by enrollment for the year and the amount you choose to buy will be deducted biweekly from your pay.
How can I buy tickets?
- Read the Rules of Play.
- Download and fill out the interactive PDF enrollment form.
- Save the form and email it to email@example.com.
- Submit the form before 4:00 p.m. on the Thursday of the week before a payday.
- You will receive your tickets by email and the amount will be paid through payroll deduction.
Completing the form means that you sign up to play the lottery on a biweekly basis until the end of the year 2021, as long as you receive a pay. If you do not receive a pay, no deduction will be made and you will not be eligible to participate for that week’s draw. When your pay resumes, deductions will automatically start again and you will participate in the following draws.
When will draws be held?
Draws will be on Fridays at 1:00 p.m. following each payday.
Can I change or cancel my enrollment?
Yes, if you wish to make any changes to your ticket purchases or cancel your enrollment, please inform the HGH Foundation in writing, at firstname.lastname@example.org, before 4:00 p.m. on the Thursday of the week before each payday.
How will this lottery help my hospital?
The raffle’s net profits will be directed towards the HGH Foundation’s new campaign, There’s No Place Like Home. This campaign will support new programs and continue to help expand services at HGH. It will enable access to more specialty care, closer to home. Your support will help ensure that new medical equipment is available to meet the healthcare needs of our growing region and make the most of the recent redevelopment and expansion at HGH.
Thank you for your participation and support!
For any questions or more information, please contact Christine Gray St-Denis, from the HGH Foundation by email at email@example.com.
Rules of Play
- The 50/50 Payday Raffles are run by the Hawkesbury and District General Hospital (HGH) Foundation.
- Tickets will be sold using an electronic raffle system supplied by Ascend Fundraising Solutions. Tickets will be sold online and set up through payroll deductions through HGH’s Human Resources and Financial Services Departments.
- The payday raffle lottery will start in January 2021 and will be ongoing. Draws will be bi-weekly on Fridays at 1:00 p.m., following each payday. The first draw will be held on January 8, 2021, and the last draw of 2021 will be held on December 24, 2021.
- Purchaser must be 18 years or older to play.
- Tickets may NOT be purchased in the name of a minor.
- This Payday Lottery is open to HGH employees, who will be able to purchase tickets using payroll deduction only.
- Ticket purchasers must be located in the province of Ontario at the time of purchase.
- Valid ticket is the receipt and proof of purchase.
- Only valid tickets are eligible for the draw.
- Tax receipts cannot be issued for ticket purchases.
- Employees will have until 4:00 p.m. on the Thursday of the week before each payday to submit their lottery enrollment form. Completing this form will mean that the employee signs up to play in the lottery until the end of the year 2021, on a bi-weekly basis, as long as they receive a pay. If an employee does not receive a pay, no deduction will be made and they will not be eligible to participate for that week’s draw. When the employee’s pay resumes, deductions will automatically start again and the employee will participate in that week’s draw and the following draws, until the end of the year 2021 or until they do not receive a pay. If employees wish to cancel their enrollment and participation, or make any changes to their payroll deduction amount/ticket purchases, they will need to inform the HGH Foundation in writing, at firstname.lastname@example.org, before 4:00 p.m. on the Thursday of the week before each payday.
- Tickets can be purchased by payroll deduction only for $5.00 for 5, $10.00 for 15, and $20.00 for 40.
- Participants will receive a confirmation e-mailed with their 50/50 registered numbers from a Random Number Generator. Requests for specific 50/50 numbers are therefore not accepted as numbers are generated randomly.
- The following individuals, and their immediate families living at the same address, are not eligible to participate in the 50/50 draws: the HGH Foundation staff and board members, and members of licensed gaming suppliers providing services to this program.
- The prize amounts of the payday 50/50 raffles will be displayed on the HGH Foundation website: www.hghfoundation.org.
- The draws will take place at HGH, located at 1111 Ghislain Street, Hawkesbury, Ontario.
- The winning ticket number will be selected by a Random Number Generation (RNG) system from all raffle numbers sold for the draw.
- The winning ticket number will be posted online on the HGH employee portal (Mimi) and on the HGH Foundation website: www.hghfoundation.org.
- The winner will be notified by an HGH Foundation staff member. Such notification will include information about the prize claim procedure.
- The winner may claim his/her prize by contacting the HGH Foundation at: 613-632-1111, ext. 21108, or email at: email@example.com. The ticket may then be brought at 1111 Ghislain Street, Hawkesbury, Ontario at an agreed upon time for ticket verification. Winner must have the original winning ticket and no copies. Once the winner is verified in person or via email, and provides identification with photo ID, he/she will be given a cheque in the amount of the declared prize which is 50% of the total sales for that draw. All payments will be made by cheque.
- The winner must provide his/her name, address, and phone number with valid photo identification (ID) in order to claim his/her prize.
- If the winner cannot provide a valid photo ID, then the winning proceeds will be held until such identification can be provided.
- The winning ticket holder has 6 months in which to claim his/her prize from the date of the draw his/her ticket was purchased for.
- In the event that no winner comes forward or that the prize is not claimed after that time period has elapsed, the prize will be donated to a charity other than the HGH Foundation, with the approval of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
- All winners must agree to the use of their name and photo for publicity purposes by the HGH Foundation. Winners agree that they will not, at any time, make any claim for additional compensation in respect of such uses.
- For inquiries on the procedures of the lottery, please call 613-632-1111, ext. 21108, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Net proceeds of the raffles will be designated toward the improvement of care and services offered to the community by HGH.
- Personal information is collected for the sole purpose of completing ticket sales, identifying ticket purchasers and providing information to purchasers about HGH and HGH Foundation news, raffles and events. Information, in whole or in part, will not be communicated to parties not involved in the conduct of this raffle.
Please play responsibly
Ontario Problem Gambling Helpline
Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario Lottery License # RAF1197278